In today’s market, every company must always be looking for a leg up on their competition. Competition is stiff, so each company must constantly be engaging the public, explaining to them why their product is better than their competitor’s. Companies do this is in different ways, but all of it revolves around the world of marketing. Digital marketing, television marketing, and newspaper marketing are a few of the most common. One area that some companies opt for is celebrity marketing. If it weren’t effective, companies wouldn’t do it. The reality is, of course, that they do. If your company has been considering hiring a celebrity to market your brand, you should absolutely go forward with it. Here are the top five reasons your company should consider celebrity branding.
1. Visibility. One of the reasons your company should consider celebrity branding is that it immediately and greatly increases your company’s visibility. When people can put a face to a brand, they are much more likely to remember it. Also, when a person sees a celebrity, whether on television or in a print ad, they pay more attention. This means they are really noticing your brand.
2. Coattails. One of the great things about hiring a celebrity and including them in your celebrity marketing strategy is that your company immediately gets associated with them. This means that everything that people think about the celebrity they will associate with your brand. If you choose a celebrity that everyone thinks is an outstanding individual, then they will think that your company is also outstanding. Otherwise, why would the celebrity work for you? In this way, you get to ride on the coattails of the celebrity.
3. Build trust. People tend to trust most celebrities. If they see a celebrity that they trust advertising your company’s brand, then they are going to be more likely to trust your brand. Celebrity appearances are a great way to build trust in your company.
4. ROI. The main reason for including a celebrity in your marketing strategy is to increase your return on investment, or your profits. Celebrities are one of the most effective ways to increase the overall profitability of your marketing strategy. Rather than simply throwing money at television and newspaper ads, where you can never be sure what the results are, hiring a celebrity to market your brand gives you a sure way to increase the overall profitability of your business.
5. Long-term visibility. This is very similar to the first reason that was given. Celebrities provide visibility for your brand. However, they also do this over the long-term. It is likely that whenever people see a particular celebrity on television they will associate them with your brand, even if they are not advertising for your brand at that time. In this way, even when you are not paying for their services, they are still working for you, helping to increase the overall visibility of your brand.
For all of these reasons, hiring a celebrity as a part of your marketing strategy is a great way to increase the profits for your company or business.